Monday, February 2, 2009

The New Car

So after the millionth time of not being able to make it up my driveway and barely being able to drive up my own street I had had enough! It was time to get an AWD vehicle. Not only that but with the Civic there was no way that we could fit three car seats in the back seat. So our quest began. Now I've been looking at SUVs and such for at least a year wanting to upgrade, but I turned to my husband and his superb research skills to find a safe crossover SUV. Thus, the Buick Enclave...(the GMC Acadia is exactly the same, but I leaned towards the look of the Enclave) After test driving a few used ones from private sellers we went to the dealership, and thanks to the current market, we were able to score a new one for the same price! I can't decide what my favorite feature is, but I think it is probably the back up camera and sensors. I was terrified of getting an SUV because of how big it is and how difficult they are to see behind when you are backing up. I feel so safe now and if you don't get the navigation system, the camera shows up in the rear view mirror, which is totally awesome. Although, we did get navigation :) So, our camera is broken, so I don't have actual pictures, but here are the generic ones...



These are the back seat. There are 7 total seats. I love the captain seats, it makes it easy to get to the back. However, the seats do slide forward to easy back seat access also.

My favorite was when I asked Reese where she was going to sit in the new car and she said "I want to sit next to the new baby!" and I said "Oh yeah, that sounds like a good place." and then she goes "Yeah...even if the baby is a boy..." I love how excited Reese is for this baby, she asks so many cute questions. I just can't believe how big she is getting. It seems like just yesterday she was my little "Boogies" (I called her that because when she was born she always had green 'boogies' in her eyes). All I have to say is she better stop growing. I occasionally let her put some powder and translucent eye shadow on when I'm getting ready and today on the way home from dance she goes, "Mom, I have an idea, how bout I just get my own makeup?" Yeah, we'll see :)

3 comments:

Gary and Shelice Murphy said...

Did you seriously get Red, because if you did I'm going to be sooo excited for you, but so GREEN with envy! Love you!!!

Barnett Family said...

Oh it is red, it was one of my top requirements :)

Josh and Jay said...

Lindz, I love the new car!! oohh la la YOu are one sporty, hip momma!!